- Accurate screening and interpretation of non-gynecological FNA and fluid specimens
- Check each slide for labeling accuracy to help insure clinician receives correct results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Review each slide to check overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity and quality, proper cover slipping, and stain artifacts to help insure diagnostic accuracy
- Review and confirm that all patient information was accurately input into computer system to help insure clinician receives accurate results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Preparation and review of cytology diagnostic reports (including capturing photomicrographs and input of diagnostic codes) into laboratory computer system ensuring for accuracy of results for pathologist review
- Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to the cytology laboratory:
- Understanding and adherence to all regulatory and licensing requirements
- Participation in proficiency testing events
- Adherence to and documentation of workload requirements
- Maintenance of accurate workload records and follow up information
- Continuing Education
- Attendance at in-house Continuing Education meetings including consensus conferencing
- Acquire a minimum of 24 hours of Continuing Education every year
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA from a nationally accredited university or equivalent foreign education recognized by the International Education Research Foundation
- New York State License required : For New York State License Eligiblity Please visti: New York State Cytotechnologist License Requirements Cytotechnologist License CheckList
- CT (ASCP) or eligible
- Experienced and entry level candidates welcomed
- Good technical skills
- Practice of good laboratory safety
- Strong communications skills
- Detail oriented
- Dependable, flexible, and adaptable in all aspects of work
- Good organizational skills.
- Good diagnostic and detector skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- Sign on Bonus
- CBL offers a competitive compensation package
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off/PTO/vacation and paid holidays
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed