Receive and sort medical samples by product line or specimen type for laboratory testing. This includes but not limited to opening packages, patient verification, data entry, scanning of requisition number or barcode, includes manual entry. Position requires the ability to identify samples that needs either verification or confirmation from QA.
- Receive and sort medical samples by specialty type for laboratory testing.
- Reconcile all specimens received via FedEx.
- Verify the number of bags and jars and the type of specimens received against the courier’s manifest.
- Discrepancies will be brought to the attention of the driver, the laboratory supervisor and the Logistics manager and will be noted on the “Reconciliation Discrepancy Log”.
- Enter this information in SpecRec lab flow application by scanning each requisition or manually entering in absence of barcode, printing a recon ID if no bar code is present or the bar code is not working.
- After verification, jars are placed in a segmented bin in their own pigeon hole. The specimens are identified and triage by specimen type.
- Once the appropriate bin is full they are placed on cart or central table for the data entry clerks for accessioning.
- Must be able to identify samples that are not processed in-house, but are forwarded to a third party reference laboratory (Send Out).
- Capable of processing send-back and confirmation specimens. This includes specimens that were either sent to CBLPath in error, received unlabeled or questionable.
- Perform beginning and end of shift tasks as outlined in the Pre-Technical SOP.
- Scan requisition and second opinions reports into OnBase as needed.
- Run reports for Requisition and Specimen check in at reconciliation for accountability.
- Good problem solving skills needed.
- Perform other duty as assigned and directed by your supervisor or manager.