1. Handle all inbound calls, faxes and e-mails into the Customer Service Call Center and resolve any issues resulting from these interactions. Also, handles all call transfers as needed to various depts. and/or outbound calls to resolve any issues.
2. Processes medical service requests and telephone inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements and policies and procedures.
3. Document and resolve all escalated client inquiries/problems in an efficient manner.
4. Collects and enters patient intake information into the appropriate medical service software system to initiate the transaction. Documentation is to be concise, thorough, and accurate. These requests include, but are not limited to supply orders, pick-ups, second opinion requests, amended reports and report requests.
5. Anticipate, identify and proactively respond to the needs of our clients, prior to receiving a complaint.
6. Provide consistent, superior customer service to our clients.
7. Ensure that communication is continuous with our sales representatives so that client needs are always met.
8. Proactively contact clients when there will be an issue with a test being reported within service level standards.
9. Proactively contact clients when there will be an issue with a pickup or supply request.
10. Familiar with the breakdown of specialties and product lines, specimen types, collection methods, test request and medical terminology.
11. Ability to thoroughly research each problem prior to calling client for resolution.
12. During resolution of problems, CSR I is responsible for educating our internal/external clients on future submission and changes in collections.
13. Relieve the receptionist during day/s off, and assume the receptionist duties during that time. These duties include but are not limited to: answering telephone, screen calls, taking and relaying messages. Providing accurate information to callers; greeting persons entering the organization and directing individuals to correct destination. Mailing of slide requests and documenting returns.
14. Other duties or special projects as assigned