Under the direction of the Lab supervisor, the PCR Technologist will preform biological experiments and assist with the day-to day administration of the PCR Laboratory.
- Knowledgeable in the handling of patient specimens from accession to storage.
- Assist supervisor with day to day administration of PCR Laboratory.
- Read and follow technical procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- DNA and RNA extraction
- Complete PCR testing and PCR product analysis including sequencing, hybridization or fragment analysis
- Assist in the administration of all Quality Control Programs.
- Assist in the inventory management and ordering
- Sample data collecting or accession if necessary
- Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to histology. Specifically:
- Adherence to workload requirements.
- Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in science or related field plus one year clinical biological lab experience
- NYS clinical laboratory license
- Knowledge of nucleic acid technology. Understanding of quality control / quality improvement programs.
- Familiar with pipette and knowledge of basic chemical calculation
- Block sectioning and H&E staining experience
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge and understanding of computers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize effectively
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed