The purpose of the Customer Care Associate is to handle all inbound calls regarding patient billing inquiries in a production oriented, high volume call center as well correctly and timely interpreting all third party correspondence and apply this information to the Antrim financial system triggering the appropriate departmental work flow process. This position will also be responsible for other revenue cycle functions including insurance appeals and claims research.
- Handle all inbound calls regarding patient phone inquiries concerning balances, payment plans, credit card payments, patient pricing, updating patient demographics, rebilling insurance companies and general customer concerns.
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries from the patient or the legal representative, including but not limited to billing insurances, updating invoices, troubleshooting billing issues and complex customer complaints.
- Process payments, adjustments, refunds, transfer bills and mail returns.
- Review special circumstances including patients seeking patient hardship, bankruptcy and collection agency referrals.
- Support sales team and request for information as it pertains to patient billing.
- Additional duties as assigned.